OHRVs in New Hampshire
Riding a snowmobile or wheeled vehicle in New Hampshire can be fun and exciting for the whole family. Take a class, join a club and ride responsibly.
FIND A CLASS: Off-Highway Recreational Vehicle (OHRV) Safety Education Courses for snowmobiles, All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs) and trail bikes are available both online and in traditional classroom format, taught by Fish and Game-certified volunteer instructors. Click here to find and class and get started.
- FAQs about using snowmobiles, ATVs and trail bikes in New Hampshire.
- Where to ride - New Hampshire has miles of trails for the OHRV enthusiast.
- Renting a snowmobile or ATV - Click here for a list of N.H. OHRV Rental Agents
- Safe riding tips - Safety guidelines all riders should know.
All snowmobiles and OHRVs must be registered if operated in New Hampshire off the owner's property. A title, bill of sale or previous registration is not required to register an OHRV or snowmobile in New Hampshire. Click here to learn more about registering your snowmobile, All-Terrain Vehicle or trail bike.
- OHRV Accident Report Form
- OHRV Event Permit Application
- OHVR/Snowmobile Rules Disclosure Statement
- OHRV Trails Maintenance Vehicle Application
- OHRV Registration Forms
Loud snowmobiles and OHRVs are a primary cause of complaints from landowners and other trail users. Vehicles powered by "two stroke" engines are the biggest offenders. All operators are encouraged to ride quiet vehicles. It is illegal to modify an exhaust system in any way that increases the noise level.
- Read the section on "Sound Levels and Tests" in the current N.H. OHRV Laws Digest.
- Click here to learn more about maintaining good relations with local landowners.
Fun stuff for kids
- N.H. Fish and Game OHRV Education: email@example.com or 603-271-3129
- N.H. Fish and Game OHRV Registrations: 603-271-4300
- NH Bureau of Trails: www.nhtrails.org or 603-271-3254
- List of NH-based OHRV clubs (Trails Bureau)
- N.H. Snowmobile Association: www.nhsa.com or 603-273-0220
- New Hampshire Off Highway Vehicle Association: 1-603-264-7550 www.nhohva.org
- American Council of Snowmobile Associations: www.snowmobilers.org
- International Association of Snowmobile Administrators: snowiasa.org
- International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association: www.snowmobile.org
- National Off Highway Vehicle Conservation Council: www.nohvcc.org
- New England ATV Association: neatva.tripod.com
- Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc.: www.NEA4WD.org